There is one thing you should know before you depart for Japan this summer — it is very hot here right now. Temperatures reach 38 degrees and everyday we hear news about people getting heatstroke. It is a dangerous condition, so you should take necessary precautions when you travel. Here are some tips and things you can easily get in any convenience store in Japan.
- Check the heatstroke danger level in your area —> https://tenki.jp/heatstroke/
- Drink isotonic drinks like Pocari Sweat or Aquarius
- Get some Japanese shaved ice (kakigoori)
- Get a cooling band you can wrap around your neck or head
- Get cooling wipes
6. Get a sticky cooling sheet you can stick to your forehead / arms / any place on your body
7. Use a cooling shower gel
8. Get a cooling towel (you can find cooling accessories at any 100 yen shop or a convenience store!)
9. Eat watermelons and other watery fruit!